Who has the real Tom Cruise touch-screen wall of Minority Report ?
Recently i had the chance to see ànd touch ànd play-around with Microsoft’s Surface Table. That was fun. Made me think of the video wall in Minority Report😉.
Microsoft already showed some wall like this from their R&D group back in 2006
But what’s next ? Is the Tom Cruise Wall reality or still in the R&D labs ? Or is our vision of User Interface (UI) getting even better or fundamentally different ? Found in the meantime following cool stuff:
- Jeff Han’s http://www.perceptivepixel.com/ company. Jeff created havoc at TED 2007
- Pattie Maes’ TED 2009 appearance without screen and based on gestures:
- More gestures: the QB1 computer from OZWE: http://www.ozwe.com/
- In stead of flat screens and Tablet PC’s, check out the Pulse Smartpen at http://www.livescribe.com/
- Or throw into this things like PopFly, Yahoo Pipes, Adobe AIR, Silverlight, etc
In other words: how will we interface with the computer in 5 years ? In 10 years ? Will we all have at home a 15 m³ wall-screen in our living room, connected to a Terabit Internet Connection ?
This must be fun: let’s share what other Tom Cruise Walls are available in the market today, or that you have seen on the web or in R&D labs.