Also posted on
In this 4th News Flash on Innotribe @ Sibos, we’d like to give you an update on the Innotribe closing session. This session will take place on Thursday 17 Sep 2009 from 10:30 till 12:00, just before the Sibos closing plenary in the afternoon.
The results of the Innotribe Sibos Labs will be revealed, and the winner of the Sibos 2009 Innovation Award will be selected based on the assessment of a panel of buyer’s (composed of senior members of our community) and the opinion of the Sibos crowd.
This Innotribe closing will be the place where all the activities of the Innotribe Sibos Labs (see Innotribe News Flash 2) will come together.
The Innotribe closing is composed of following elements:
– A Face to Face discussion with venture capitalists on “Where does the money go?”
– Condensed power pitches by the Innotribe Sibos Labs teams.
– Q&A session between the Buyer’s Panel, venture capitalists and the teams.
– A crowdsourcing event, where our facilitators will collect the feedback from the audience.
– A (closed) session of the Buyers Panel to elect the Sibos 2009 Innovation Award
Face to Face discussion with venture capitalists:
The Innotribe closing session will start with a 30 minute panel discussion lead by Matthaus Krzykowski from Venturebeat, in which venture capitalists will share with us what the typical criteria are they use to fund new projects and what sort of projects they still invest in the current economic climate. Based on their investment insights they will also talk about their vision how tomorrow’s startups could transform the finance industry. Also, they will share their tactical experience about the wisdom of investing – what do great innovative ideas look like and how to recognize when one knocks on your door. The panel will include:
– Guy Kawasaki – Founding Partner, Garage Technology Ventures and guest speaker for the Sibos Closing Plenary
– Eghosa D. Omoigui, Director Strategic Investments, Intel Capital
– Wouter de Ploey – Partner, McKinsey
Presentation of innovative ideas by Innotribe Sibos Labs teams:
The Innotribe Sibos Labs will culminate into the presentation to the buyer’s panel. Each team will get maximum 8 minutes to give a condensed power presentation about the ideas they have developed throughout the week. After each presentation, we plan a Q&A session with the Buyer’s Panel, the venture capitalists, and the teams.
Our facilitator The Value Web will then try to feel the pulse of the audience, and collect their preference on the best idea to be moved forward.
The Buyer’s Panel:
The Buyer’s Panel is composed as follows:
– Ignace Combes – SWIFT Board member, Deputy CEO, Euroclear
– Javier Santamaria – SWIFT Board member, Assistant General Manager, Banco Santander
– Paul Simpson – Managing Director and Global Head of Treasury and Trade Solutions, CITI
– Guy Kawasaki – Founding Partner, Garage Technology Ventures
– Lázaro Campos – CEO, SWIFT
– Gottfried Leibbrandt – Head of Markets, SWIFT
– Kosta Peric – Head of Innovation, SWIFT
Armed with the input from the Innotribe teams, the face to face panel discussions and the opinion of the crowd, the Buyer’s panel will evaluate the presented ideas and judge their originality, potential for success, and ability to advance our industry.
In a following closed session, the Buyer’s Panel will elect the Sibos 2009 Innovation Award winner that will be announced in the final Sibos Closing Plenary in the afternoon of 17 Sep 2009.
Where: The Innotribe Closing will take place in the Innotribe Dome (located in the Sibos Labs room).
When: Thursday 17 Sep 2009, from 10:30 – 12:00
Innotribe at Sibos is an integral part of Sibos. The Innotribe closing sessions is open to any Sibos delegate with a full week or day pass. Just pop-in and join us on the Innotribe Closing session.
To let us know if you will be coming to this event, login to www.swiftcommunity.net, go to the Innotribe Closing event and click I will attend button next to the event. You can also see who else is coming.