In this 6th News Flash on Innotribe @ Sibos, we’d like to give you an update on the rich set of presentations scheduled on 15 Sep 2009. Some presentations include a video- or live demo ! Check out the specials for each presentation.
All presentations listed below will take place on the Innotribe Floor (follow the signs Innotribe Lounge). This is a special Innotribe booth next to the big SWIFT stand on the Exhibition Floor.
We’ll have 3 types of presentations that day:
- Keynotes on Cloud: by leaders from the Cloud computing industry
- R&D Insight presentations: talks and demos from the edge of business and technology
- Mini-Keynotes: Innovation updates from Partners
Keynotes on Cloud
9:00-09:30 Enabling Agility through Cloud Architectures
Amir Halfon – CTO Global Financial Services, SUN
– Presentation abstract: Cloud Computing has become one of the most important concepts in IT. It holds the potential of transforming the way IT services are being delivered by facilitating new levels of agility and automation that are impossible to achieve in the traditional data center. This presentation will explore how public, private and mixed cloud environments are changing the relationship between application developers and IT deployment. It will also discuss how applications and our notions of their reliability and availability are being transformed by these new models.
9:30-10:00 Let’s Head For the Clouds
Jeff Barr – Senior AWS Technology Evangelist, Amazon Web Services
– Presentation abstract: Amazon Web Services Senior Evangelist will introduce the concept of cloud computing from a business and architectural concept. Jeff will review the economic model and resulting benefits of cloud computing, including an overview of Amazon’s line of scalable web services including the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud, the Amazon Simple Storage Service,, and Amazon Elastic MapReduce. Jeff will also cover real-world cloud computing success stories.
10:00-10:30 The Cloud in Context
Russell Daniels – Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, EDS, Hewlett Packard
– Presentation abstract: In this presentation, Russ Daniels will describe how the cloud will fundamentally change the way people and businesses connect to information and the profound impact this will have on every aspect of our lives. The cloud will enable a proliferation of services anchored around individual profiles, aware of context and location, and tailored to particular areas of experience as well as vertical industries. Daniels will outline the implications this shift will have for the Financial Services industry, and how companies can move to capitalize on it.
15:30-16:00 Real-Time Results in the Cloud for Financial Services
Stephen Morse – Senior Director – Sales Engineering APAC, Salesforce.com
– Presentation abstract: Financial Services are already reaping the benefits of enterprise cloud computing to drive faster innovation while simultaneously reducing capital expense, operational expense, and risk. We will review key Financial Services case studies, leveraging Sales, Service, and Platform Cloud capabilities, with specific demos of the solutions. Also addressed is a discussion on cloud security, availability, and performance vs. traditional on-premise models. Attendees will learn how to begin building cloud apps immediately.
R&D Insight presentations
16:00 – 16:30 The Benche
Lars Millberg – Head Cash Management, SEB
– Presentation abstract: The Benche (www.thebenche.com) is one of the world’s leading online communities for Trade Professionals. The Benche is provided by SEB as a free service to trade finance professionals or other members active in international trade. The purpose is to encourage sharing of knowledge and experience, open discussions and networking between such professionals. Lars Millberg will speak about the original idea that later became the success of today. He will guide through first meeting with site provider, building the structure of the site, touching upon surveys of client’s interest, pilots and the great launch till the status of today. Lars will also present problems encountered, lessons learned, and the continuous evolutionary roadmap of The Benche.
16:30-17:00 Discontinuities in Distributed Computing
Joe Weinman – Strategy & Business Development VP, AT&T
– Presentation abstract: Every decade or so, a major new paradigm shift occurs in the world of computing. Shifts from the mainframe to the mini to the PC to the web are examples. Now, we are at the beginning of a set of interconnected discontinuities. First, the shift from enterprise data center to hybrid architectures including cloud computing. Second, a shift from text and numeric data to multimedia, including video. Third, a shift from person-to-person communications to sensor networks and automated agents, including speech synthesis and semantic analysis. Fourth, a shift from fixed to mobile. And finally, new interfaces…not just Windows, Icons, Menus, Pointers, but multi-touch, accelerometers, and ultimately, brain-computer interfaces.
17:00 – 17:30 The virtual branch of the bank – project Wonderland
Michael Gialis – Head of Business Development for SUN Lab, SUN
– Presentation abstract: Introduction to Virtual World technology and Project Wonderland specifically. We will discuss: 1) some ideas of use cases for virtual world technologies, (call center, virtual customer branch, interbank / inter-industry collaboration, etc.) 2) our approach to developing opportunities in this space, (technical collaborations with universities and enterprise, service and technology partner eco-system development, proofs-of-concept, etc.) 3) our architecture and distinguishing features and characteristics (GPL v2 w/ class-path exception, modular architecture, extensible platform, built for enterprise security / integration, etc.) 4) our go-to-market plans, (partner model, professional / engineering services, deployment / hosting services, commercial licenses, production support, etc.), and 5) provide the audience with a video demonstration
– Special: this presentation includes a video-demonstration !
Mini-Keynotes: Innovation updates from Partners
14:30 –15:30 Oracle Fusion Middleware – Foundation for Innovation and Growth
Paul Shetler – Senior Director, Global Financial Services, Oracle
– Presentation abstract: Changing markets, competitive pressures and evolving customer needs are placing increasing pressure on IT to deliver greater flexibility and speed. Organizations are adopting technology as a means of delivering on these requirements by overcoming the complexity of their application and IT environments. With the launch of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle is fundamentally transforming the way its customers develop, run, and manage their custom, packaged, and composite business applications. Learn how across the entire family of middleware components, Oracle has worked from a common set of design principles to forge unprecedented integrations between best-of-breed components. This innovative approach will help Oracle customers leverage agile, adaptable applications with a degree of ease that was not possible until now. Oracle Fusion Middleware also delivers unprecedented support for virtualization and cloud computing.
Innotribe at Sibos is an integral part of Sibos. All Innotribe sessions are open to any Sibos delegate with a full week or day pass.