In this 8th News Flash on Innotribe @ Sibos, we’d like to give you an update on the rich set of presentations scheduled on 17 Sep 2009. These presentations come on top of our main morning event, the Innotribe Closing session from 10:30 – 12:00 .
On 17 Sep 2009, all below presentations will be held on the Innotribe Floor (follow the signs Innotribe Lounge). This is a special Innotribe booth next to the big SWIFT stand on the Exhibition Floor.
All presentations are R&D Insight presentations: talks and demos from the edge of business and technology. Several presentations include a video- or live demo ! Check out the specials for each presentation.
In the Innotribe Dome
Innotribe Closing Session
10:30-12:00 See News Flash 4 for details
On the Innovation Floor
R&D Insight presentations
09:00-09:30 Expanding the frontiers of financial services – enabled by smaller, cheaper computing on the move – supply chain, working capital, risk management and service delivery
Nigel Woodward – Worldwide Director Financial Services, Intel
– Presentation abstract: Computing in banking has traditionally been focused on process automation. Front, middle and back office operate islands of processing which variously integrate administration of transactions from capture to settlement. These are tried and tested technologies. However look at emerging technologies and the picture changes. 3 axis drive innovation today – cost of compute, mobile and online; mix these elements and apply them to what business functions and the operational model can be challenged. Data can be accessed earlier in the supply chain, huge amounts of transactions can be processed economically and information can be dispersed and accessed on the move to mobile devices. This session will reveal today’s advances in chip capability and pose questions of where this might take the industry – challenging the status quo.
9:30-10:00 Meeting the Challenges of a Growth Market: Upgrading the Chinese Banking Infrastructure
Xin Sheng Mao – CTO IBM China Development Lab, IBM
– Presentation abstract: We will share our observations of the business challenges and opportunities in the China finance segments. The Chinese finance market is growing very quickly. But the market also faces lots of challenges, for example, trades and volumes are growing faster and faster, increasing the need for new innovative finance services, lower transaction latency etc. The as-is infrastructure is not going to survive and has to be upgraded. We will share how we are helping customers prepare for these upgrades, including solutions from our industry solution lab, our products and innovative technologies.
10:00-10:30 The “Financial Commons” – collaborating to create, share and remix software
Alex Wulms – Lead Developer/Systems Engineer, Information Systems – SWIFT.COM Development
Mariela Atanassova, Innovation, SWIFT
– Presentation abstract: This presentation will share the experiences of one of the SWIFT team that responded to the SWIFT Innovation Challenges. The project was about co-development for the OLPC (One Laptop Per Child) project. This project illustrates two dimensions: first, how CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) can lead to innovation and second, how SWIFT developers and external developers work together in an open source mode. Inspiration for other modes of co-operation with our community of members and partners at large ?
12:00-12:30 Smarter Mobile Payments
Peter Bearor – Global Payment Systems Sales Leader, IBM Sales & Distribution
– Presentation abstract: Technologies are more interconnected, intelligent and instrumented than ever before. Come hear how IBM’s investments in these technologies is leading to smarter mobile payments.
12:30-13:00 The Collaborative Back Office – Creating A Network Effect
Neil Vernon – Senior Product Manager, Smartstream
– Presentation abstract: SmartStream will discuss: The evolution of Cloud computing in SmartStream’s OnDemand SaaS platform, Creating collaborative processes inside institutions to reduce transaction costs, Establishing collaborative venues for Banks and their Corporate clients to achieve the lowest cost per transaction, Strengthening collaborative processes with Artificial Intelligence.
13:00-13:30 HP CloudPrint for BlackBerry Smartphones
Hédi Ezzouaoui – Director, Financial Markets – Worldwide Financial Services Industry, HP
– Presentation abstract: HP will demonstrate HP CloudPrint for BlackBerry smartphones, a web-based solution that allows mobile users to easily print documents to the nearest printer no matter where they are. The CloudPrint service, invented by HP Labs, is printer-agnostic and driverless and requires simple Internet access.
– Specials: live demo
Innotribe at Sibos is an integral part of Sibos. All Innotribe sessions are open to any Sibos delegate with a full week or day pass.