Cross-Posted on SwiftCommunity.net
Last week, Kosta kicked-off the next Innotribe @ Sibos2010.
I am pleased and excited to complement Kosta’s introduction by sharing with you our high-level program for the Sibos week (25-29 October 2010).
High Level program
A good presentation/show has a fantastic start, and great core, and an exciting grand finale. That’s exactly how our Innotribe @ Sibos2010 program is organized😉
We have a fantastic start: our “Innovation Opening Keynotes: the big tectonic shifts” on Monday 25th from 9am – 10:30
What a line-up of speakers ! We have now confirmed:
- John Hagel (Author of THE business book of the year “Power of Pull”),
- Peter Hinssen on “The New Normal” (also title of his new book),
- Nova Spivack with a long-term technology forecast,
- Venessa Miemis (28 year old GEN-Y Graduate Student from NYC) who will prepare a talk on the future of money,
- and a still to be announced very senior banker on tectonic shifts in banking.
Both in content, quality of the speakers, and format of this session, this will be THE not-to-be-missed session on Sibos Monday. We are convinced it will set the bar for any session for the upcoming week.
We have a great core: We have 4 Themes. As last year, we have appointed Innotribe Leaders and VC-Coaches to each of these themes:
- Cloud: following last year’s Labs, which were focused on the economics of cloud computing, this year focuses on the practical implementation, user experiences, and why it’s important for the financial industry. There will be a specific focus on hybrid cloud models and API’s.
- Innotribe Leaders:Jacqui Taylor (ex-BACS) and now building Google Apps with FlyingBinary and Sungard
- VC-Coach: Sean Park
- Mobile: the emergence of mobile payments, especially in the worker’s remittances area, and the role of banks.
- Innotribe Leaders: Jonathan Bye (RBS) and Ville Sointu (Tieto)
- VC-Coach: Matthaus Krzykowski (Venture Beat)
- Smart data: how to capitalise on the power of semantic web technologies to enable greater intelligence for financial institutions.
- Innotribe Leaders: Wells Fargo and Nova Spivack
- VC-Coach: Eghosa Omoigui (ex Intel Capital)
- The Long Now: this series of interactive workshops will engage in long term scenario planning for the financial industry.
- Innotribe Leaders: Chris Skinner and Sean Park
The line-up of speakers, face-to-face panel members and moderators is stronger than ever before. This will be the subject of subsequent Innotribe @ Sibos2010 blogs.
We just opened a Web-Storm on Innotribe.com to collect your idea on these 4 themes as we build up towards October. We will feed-back these ideas to the Innotribe Leaders before the actual Labs in Amsterdam. Check out www.innotribe.com
In addition, we will have 2 Masterclasses Innovation, we have invited the 5 leading software vendors for innovation management tools, and we’ll have an update on eMe (winner of last year).
We also teamed-up in a quite significant way with our colleagues from Standards and Technology. You will notice on the Sibos program a number of interactive sessions that have been co-designed with Innotribe.
The exciting grand finale: the best of the Innotribe week comes together on Thursday 28 October 2010.
- We start with “Pitch your Innotribe Lab”, a competition between the best idea teams that were formed during the Labs throughout the week, in front of the buyer’s panel. 5 minutes pitches with Q&A by the SWIFT Buyer’s Panel, with input from our VC-Advisors. They compete for the Sibos2010 Innovation Award. Last year’s winner was eMe. Who will it be this year ?
- Right after, we’ll have the “Open Innovation Best Practices”, with again a staggering line up of Heads of Innovation of Banks, and thought leaders from other industries on Open Innovation
- To pump up your adrenaline levels, we’ll close with a real Start-Up Competition, where we have invited some of the start-ups and great idea teams we met throughout the year. They will pitch in front of a real VC-Panel.
- And who knows: last year’s Innotribe made it to the final plenary closing of Sibos. We know this year’s Innotribe @ Sibos is even better and The Long Now seems to be positioned in pole-position.
Some elements to spice it all up:
- All the Innotribe @ Sibos2010 sessions will be supported and facilitated by a team from The Value Web.
- The Long Now and the Grand Finale will be supported with live streaming and interaction technologies (more news to come in the next weeks)
- We will be at 3 locations:
- The Innovation Opening Keynotes in Conference Room #1 aka “the box-ring”. We’ll make maximum use of the interactive features of this room;
- The Interactive Workspace: a special built space in the middle of the exhibition centre that will host all the other Innotribe sessions; the design of that space is just awesome.
- The special Innotribe corner on the SWIFT Stand that will host the R&D sessions, including the results of some SWIFT proof-of-concepts.
Let’s start the conversation:
Innotribe is organised by SWIFT Innovation with the support of financial institutions, vendors and innovation leaders.
In the true spirit of less push and more pull, we encourage you to engage in a true dialogue with the Innotribe team. We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.
The Innotribe team