Cross-posted at swiftcommunity.net
Last time, we shared our high-level Innotribe program for the Sibos week (25-29 October 2010) . This week we’ll zoom into the details of our Cloud program, one of the 4 themes of this year’s Innotribe.
Cloud was already on the program last year. Our main ambition then was to introduce you to some basic concepts of Cloud Computing, such as Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS).
This year we want to go beyond that basic definition stage. Following last year’s Labs, which were focused on the economics of cloud computing, this year focuses on the practical implementation, user experiences, and why it’s important for the financial industry. There will be a specific focus on hybrid cloud models and APIs.
As always in Innotribe @ Sibos, also this Cloud theme is supported by Keynotes, Face-to-Face discussions, interactive workshops (Innotribe Labs) and R&D demonstrations.
Cloud computing keynotes: “Towards new models and APIs”
on Monday 25 October from 11:00 – 12:30 in the Interactive Workspace
We have a great line of speakers. Confirmed at the time of this writing are:
- Sean Kelly, Global CIO for Deutsche Asset Management, Deutsche Bank. Sean is also elected Chairman of ECLC (Enterprise Cloud Leadership Council) a key banking cloud initiative including participation of Bank of America and Commonwealth Bank of Australia.
- Subhra Bose, CTO for alternative investments, Credit Suisse. He will share the experiences of Credit Suisse in implementing cloud in alternative investments.
- Jacqui Taylor, Founder of Flying Binary. In a previous life, Jacqui was Design Manager at BACS. She will talk about a Google Apps application supporting the Payments Services Directive.
- Paula Richards, Cloud Computing Initiatives Executive, IBM
- Oren Michels, CEO, Mashery. He will give an amazing speech on how API’s are now offered as-a-Service, including a compelling demo of their developer’s portal. Oren is sharing his enthusiasm for the Cloud theme in following YouTube video
Face-to-Face discussion: “Appstore for financial services – dream or reality?”
on Monday 25 October from 12:30 – 14:00 in the Interactive Workspace, right after the Cloud keynotes.
The Face-to-Face discussion will be kicked-off by a provoking presentation by Sean Park (CEO, Nauiokaspark) on the need for a neutral platform for cloud applications for the financial services.
Peter Hinssen, CEO, A-Cross Technologies will again be our skilled moderator for the Cloud Face-to-Face discussions. Last year he managed a panel of 11 participants. The feedback indicated that such a big panel was maybe a bit over the top. So this year, we have a slightly smaller panel. Confirmed so far are:
- All the Cloud keynote presenters above, complemented with
- Amir Halfon, Senior Director & Global Lead Architecture and Technology, Oracle
- Sean Park, CEO, Nauiokaspark
- Abbie Barbir, VP Senior Architect, Bank of America
- Keith Saxton, Director, of Banking & Financial Markets IBM Global Financial Services
- Mary Knox, Research Director, Banking and Investment Services, Gartner Research
We are repeating the highly successful format of Innotribe Labs. One or more Cloud Idea generation teams will be formed on the spot, and over the course of the 3 days they will prepare a professional pitch to be delivered on Thursday during the “Pitch your Lab competition, in front of the public and a very skilled Buyer’s Panel.
The Cloud Innotribe Lab team will be supported by following professionals:
- Innotribe Leaders Business: Jacqui Taylor (ex-BACS) and now Founder of FlyingBinary
- Innotribe Leader Technology: Sungard (to be advised)
- VC-Coach: Sean Park
- Professional facilitators from The Value Web
- Your’s truly, as SWIFT representative
We’ll have this year a beautiful Innotribe corner integrated in the main SWIFT Stand. We’ll have a packed program here as well. We are still looking at the many candidates, and will do a separate blog on all the presentations scheduled throughout the week.
Let’s start the conversation:
We just opened a Web-Storm on Innotribe.com to collect your idea on this Cloud theme and the other 3 themes as we build up towards October. We will feed-back these ideas to the Innotribe Leaders before the actual Labs in Amsterdam. Check out www.innotribe.com
Innotribe is organised by SWIFT Innovation with the support of financial institutions, vendors and innovation leaders.
In the true spirit of less push and more pull, we encourage you to engage in a true dialogue with the Innotribe team. We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.