As you know by now, Thursday 28 October 2010 is our Innotribe Grand Finale day where everything comes together!
Make sure to be in the Interactive Workspace from 9-10:30am on Thursday 28 Oct 2010 when we run the “Pitch your Lab” session .
This session is the culminating point of the all the work that will have happened in the Innotribe Labs throughout the Sibos week.
- We will open with a 20 min update and reflections on the Long Now Lab by Paul Saffo, who will also be the keynote speaker in the Sibos closing plenary later that day.
- After that, we’ll have a “Pitch your Lab” competition. The best ideas from the cloud, mobile, and smart data labs will be pitched to a jury who will select the winner of this year’s SWIFT Innovation Awards.
Listen to Kosta Peric who explains what this "Pitch your Lab" session is all about. It is your chance to win the SWIFT 2010 Innovation Award !
Here are the members of our extraordinary jury, also referred as our Buyer’s Panel:
- Paul Saffo, Professor, Stanford University
- Jo Van de Velde, Managing Director, Head of Product Management, Euroclear SA/NV
- Wilco Dado, Head of Global Payments, Royal Bank of Scotland
- Gary Greenwald, Chief Innovation Officer, Global Transaction Services, Citi
- Lázaro Campos, CEO, SWIFT
- Ian Johnston, Chief Executive, Asia Pacific, SWIFT
- Gottfried Leibbrandt, Head of Marketing, SWIFT
- Alain Raes, Chief Executive EMEA, SWIFT
- Kosta Peric, Head of Innovation, SWIFT
The jury will be assisted and advised by a VC (Venture Capitalist) Advisor’s Panel. These VC’s were part of the Innotribe Labs during the week. Here are the members of the VC Advisor’s Panel:
- Oren Michels, CEO, Mashery (Cloud Lab)
- Sean Park, Managing Director & Founder, Anthemis Group (Cloud Lab)
- Eghosa D. Omoigui, Founder & Managing Partner, EchoVC (Smart Data Lab)
- Nova Spivack, CEO, Lucid Ventures (Smart Data Lab)
- Jennifer L. Schenker, Founder and Editor-in-Chief, Informilo (Mobile Lab)
- Matthaus Krzykowski, Mobile Expert, VentureBeat (Mobile Lab)
Each team will have 5 minutes to pitch their Lab-idea to the jury. After each pitch, we will ask the advice of the VC’s.
Then there will be a short Q&A with the judges, and a voice-of-the-public using our latest “high-tech” applause meter.
The winner of this “Pitch your Lab” competition will be announced during the Sibos Closing Plenary at 16:00 later that day.
We run this competition for the second time this year. Last year this session was referred to as “the best session of Sibos 2009”. We have done everything to match last year’s success. We have invested heavily in a solid design of the labs, and have armed the teams with fantastic facilitators from The Value Web, Innotribe Leaders from the business and the technology eco-systems, and matter expert VC’s.
In the true spirit of less push and more pull, we encourage you to engage in a true dialogue with the Innotribe team and the Pitch your Lab finalists. We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.
The Innotribe team