Cross-Posted on swiftcommunity.net
As you know by now, Thursday 28 October 2010 is our Innotribe Grand Finale day where everything comes together!
Make sure you book this high-energy session in your agendas!
The competition will start on Thursday 28 Oct 2010 at 12:30 in the Interactive Workspace : a rollercoaster of 11 five-minute pitches by start-ups in front of the full audience and a judge panel of real Venture Capitalists (VCs).
After the pitches, there will be a short Q&A with the judges, and a voice-of-the-public using our latest “high-tech” applause meter.
The winner of the Start-Up competition will be announced in the final Sibos Closing Plenary at 16:00 later that day.
Finalists have been selected based on their professionalism and fit with the one or more of the four themes of Innotribe 2010: Cloud, Mobile, Smart Data, and Long Now.
Here is the list of 11 finalists (in alphabetical order):
• AcceptEmail (www.acceptemail.com ): E-Billing and Payment via e-mail (**)
• BehavioSec (www.behaviosec.com ) : Behavioural analysis of keyboard/ mouse usage (***)
• Canatu (www.canatu.com ) : Printable devices based on nano-technology (***)
• Collibra (www.collibra.com ) : Business Semantics Glossary for Data Management (S)
• Cumulate: Mobile payments based on Cloud and Semantic Web (*)
• Hypios (www.hypios.com ) : Semantic web for finding experts (***)
• Kinamik (www.kinamik.com ) : Data Integrity and in-stream archiving (***)
• MiiCard (www.miicard.com ): Identity and dematerialization of bank account creation (S)
• MyWOT (www.mywot.com ) : My Web of Trust (***)
• FX Capital Group (www.fxcapitalgroup.co.uk ): The Currency and Payments Platform (S)
• Smartlogic (www.smartlogic.com ) : Semantic analysis of contracts/legal documents (***)
(S) Spotted by our own SWIFT innovation scouts during the year
(*) Winner of the Innotribe Lab at CPA Conference June 2010, Vancouver
(**) Winner of the Florin Award competition at EPCA Conference March 2010, Paris
(***) Selected from Innovate 100 Pitchslams (www.innovate100.com ) sponsored by SWIFT.
All finalists will have the opportunity to get a G/SCORE assessment : a standardized, scalable methodology for the incisive analysis and transparent assessment of startups’ commercial viability, execution, team and business model.
This methodology has been developed by Chris Shipley and the Guidewire Group, the organizers of www.innovate100.com
And here are the VC Judges:
• Jennifer Schenker, Founder and Editor-in-chief – Informilo (www.informilo.com ) with focus on Mobile
• Oren Michels, CEO – The Mashery (www.mashery.com ) with focus on Cloud Computing
• Nova Spivack, CEO – Lucid Ventures (www.lucidventures.com ) with focus on Smart Data
• Guido Jouret, VP CTO Emerging Technologies Group – Cisco (www.cisco.com ). Best Practice Incubation.
• Mike Sigal, Co-Founder, President and Chief Development Officer – Guidewire Group (organiser of Innovate 100 –www.guidewiregroup.com ) and G/SCORE methodology to score start-ups.
There is no other prize attached to this competition other than visibility towards the financial community and a group of experienced VC’s who have their own networks with Business Angels, VCs, and Investment Funds.
We run this competition for the first time this year. As such this is an experiment, where our main ambition is to expose the Sibos audience to the typical high-energy dynamics of such a competition and the start-up mindset in general.
Let’s start the conversation:
In the true spirit of less push and more pull, we encourage you to engage in a true dialogue with the Innotribe team and the Start-Up finalists. We look forward to seeing you in Amsterdam.
The Innotribe team