I have been relatively silent on my blog, tweets and other social media. The reason is focus. Focus on preparing with the team another exciting experience at Innotribe Sibos, this year in Boston from 29 Sep till 2 Oct 2014.
Less than 2 months from D-day, we are in full build up. We are in good shape, and preparations are in full swing. We are now at a stage where we have detailed minute-by-minute session scripts for all sessions, and are at a rate of several speaker preparation calls per week. And we have for each of our 17 sessions a detailed floor plan like this one:
Here are some numbers: 4 days, 17 sessions, 2 locations, 50+ speakers, 10+ moderators, 10+ instigators, 9 startups, 6 innovators, 7 coaches, 4 Sponsors, 7 technical crew, 6 facilitation crew, 12 cameras, 7 screens, 3 stages, 2 bridges, 4 pieces of artwork, 1 bitcoin ATM machine, 1 skyline.
When it all comes together, it will look a bit like this:
I have some other surprises that I will document in a later blog post.
But don’t be mistaken: Innotribe Sibos is about content, content, and more content.
For the content some of the main subjects covered, see my previous post https://petervan.wordpress.com/2014/06/20/innotribe-sibos-2014-building-bridges/ To summarize:
- Day-1 is all about cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin, Ripple, ColoredCoins, etc) from all angles: vision, regulation, disruption, and transformation.
- Day-2 covers “Network effects”: networked organizations, platform thinking, eco-system thinking
- Day-3 gets you into Innovation Capabilities and the exciting Grand Finale of the 2014 Innotribe Startup Challenge
- Day-4 articulates our ambition to convene all significant players of the FinTech Innovation Ecosystem
Since my last post several new speakers and moderators have been added, for example:
- Yoni Assi (CEO eToro and Board member Israel Bitcoin Foundation)
- Dirk Haubrich (Head of Consumer Protection and Financial Innovation, European Banking Authority EBA, via Skype)
- Dan Marovitz (CEO Faculty of 1000 Ltd, former Managing Director, Head of Product Management, Global Transaction Banking Deutsche Bank)
- Anne Shere Wallwork (Senior Counselor for Strategic Policy, Office of Terrorist Financing and Financial Crimes – U.S. Department of the Treasury)
And on day-4 we have gathered the top captive funds in one session starting on 2 Oct at 09:30 am, and moderated by Tony Fish, Founder AMF Ventures:
- Vanessa Colella, Director Citi Ventures
- Christophe Chazot, New Group Head of Innovation, HSBC
- Derek White, Chief Design Officer, Barclays
- Matteo Rizzi, General Partner, Sberbank SBT Venture Capital
- Julio Faura, Head of R&D and Innovation, Banco Santander
- Manual Silva Martinez, Vice-President BBVA Ventures
I will do a separate blog on day-4 later, as that will be a very exceptional day.
Our speakers are thought leaders and top innovators. We have 7 out of the FinTech top-40 http://thetally.efinancialnews.com/2014/06/fintech-focus/ and 3 out of the Bank Innovation “top-30 innovators to watch” http://www.bankinnovation.net/2014/07/2014-innovators-to-watch-30-executives-shaping-the-industry/ secured for this yearly gathering.
And in addition, we are building bridges and sharing speakers with Technology Forum, Investment Management Forum, Markey Infrastructures Forum, Standards Forum.
Full detailed program, with all speakers confirmed is now available on sibos.com here: http://www.sibos.com/conference/conference-programme/2014?field_session_stream_tid%5B%5D=203&op=Filter
Super-excited with big kudos to the Innotribe team, the event producers GPJ and facilitators Collective Next.