Edition-84 of Delicacies: as usual, max 5 articles that i found interesting and worth re-reading. Handpicked, no robots. Minimalism in curation. Enjoy! Much more of this in my weekly Revue summary. Subscribe at bottom of this post.
- About the elite class of omnipotent central bankers having gained extraordinary political power and the populist backlash shattering their technocratic dream: https://www.theguardian.com/business/2016/oct/20/alan-greenspan-cult-of-expert-and-how-it-collapsed
- About the launch of the Centre for the Future of Intelligence to study the positive and negative implications of AI and ethical quandaries it poses: http://thelongandshort.org/machines/centre-future-intelligence
- About the cyberpunk mental model: http://www.ribbonfarm.com/2016/10/27/the-cyberpunk-sensibility/
- About The Evolution from Monocultures to Polycultures: https://medium.com/training-the-mind-to-see-new-horizons/an-applied-blueprint-for-the-restoration-of-democracy-7aa506d94347#.2tliqthet
- About how our close relationship with technology has made it easy for our devices to creep us out: http://www.bbc.com/future/story/20161027-how-smart-homes-have-become-the-haunted-houses-of-today
If you can’t get enough of these and want more than 5 articles, I have created an extended version of Petervan’s Delicacies in REVUE. If you want more than 5 links, you can subscribe here: https://www.getrevue.co/profile/petervan